Saturday, January 5, 2013

Interview with Kaleena AKA KaleenaRae

The ProSeller Corner Tell the world a little bit about yourself.

Kaleena I am a recently divorced stay at home mother of two under 5yrs old. I am a professional Dachshund breeder and amateur photographer. I use both my photography and my love of doxies in my Zazzle products.

The ProSeller Corner When did you start designing at Zazzle and what made you choose them?

Kaleena I wanted to sell my wildlife photography and chose Zazzle because it is free to use. My store evolved into WAY more then I planned though. My photography is not my best seller. My Dachshund themed stuff however became very popular and I found ways to incorporate it into my breeding program by creating keepsakes for my puppy buyers.

The ProSeller Corner Do you have any other stores at Zazzle?

Kaleena No.

The ProSeller Corner What has been you best selling product?

Kaleena I sell a great deal of these Dachshund iPhone cases in a range of colors.       

The ProSeller Corner What do you enjoy doing when you're not working on your store?

Kaleena I'm slowly getting into family photography. Maternity, newborns, families, couples, etc... Upgrading my camera this winter and hoping for more business in the spring.

I also have a boyfriend now and have really enjoyed dating this year. Big change after my divorce.

The ProSeller Corner How do you balance your time between Zazzle and life?

Kaleena Sometimes I set product goals for myself, "make 100 cases this week," things like that. It's not a full time job for me though so if I get bored I'll take a break for a week or two. Other times if I get on a roll I'll work 40 hours in a week.

The ProSeller Corner How long had you been with Zazzle before you reached a ProSeller status?

Kaleena I would've been a proseller months sooner if I had let them issue me a payment. I let my profits build up though and often used them on Zazzle products (my own or others). So because of that it took almost a year to make proseller.

The ProSeller Corner Getting noticed and becoming a ProSeller takes a lot of hard work and time. What advice would you give to those aspiring to become a ProSeller?

Kaleena Work a little everyday. Set goals but don't overwhelm yourself. The constant naming, describing, and tagging can be really monotonous so when you get bored try switching to a different type of product or take a break all together. Share your products daily on the auto post blogs and hit Facebook/Twitter but try not to spam your friends lol. And remember a referral is just as good as a sale, it's money in your pocket, so if you find a sweet product share it.

1 comments:

Jasmine said...

I've been a huge fan of your Dachshund cases, and I'm not even a Dachshund lover. :) I just love your work, it's adorable!

Post a Comment