Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Interview with Rico AKA MindDesignGrafx

The ProSeller Corner Tell the world a little bit about yourself.

Rico I'm Rico, I live in New Hampshire. I'm married, two adult children, 3 grand children. We have 2 dogs, River and Rain and our cat Jack. I've lived in New Hampshire for over 20 years and consider it home. I grew up in the historic city of Salem Massachusetts, where the witch's are from.




The ProSeller Corner When did you start designing at Zazzle and what made you choose them?

Rico I joined Zazzle on July 26th, 2009, I was a transplant from another POD, who made some serious changes that were not advantageous for the shop owners. I choose Zazzle because many of the best shopkeepers from this other POD were there. I'm so glad I choose Zazzle, it's been great for me. I love the community here.

The ProSeller Corner Do you have any other stores at Zazzle?

Rico I have two other stores that are just in the beginning stages;

TattooTeez - this store features original hand drawn tattoo style designs. The artist is Pam Brownell, my wife. Pam's art has been shown and sold in art galleries and businesses throughout New Hampshire and Massachusetts.

Abstract Art Graphics - this store features original hand drawn pen and ink abstract designs. The artist is Pam Brownell.

The ProSeller Corner What has been you best selling product?

Rico My best selling products are probably, cards, magnets and posters. Extreme Biking Poster, I've sold quite a few of these.


Extreme Biking Poster print


The ProSeller Corner What do you enjoy doing when you're not working on your store?

Rico I have to admit, I spend most of my time working on my store or promoting off site. When I'm not doing that I enjoy spending time with family, friends, cookouts. I enjoy music, watching movies, I like action adventure and horror movies the best. For music I like a little bit of everything from easy listening to heavy metal, jazz, hip-hop. I enjoy sports, football is my favorite.

The ProSeller Corner How do you balance your time between Zazzle and life?

Rico While not always easy to tear myself away from working on Zazzle, balance is key. Without balance you're working in a vacuum. I usually get up between 2:00 and 3:00 AM and start working so I have time when the rest of the world is awake to enjoy it.

The ProSeller Corner How long had you been with Zazzle before you reached a ProSeller status?

Rico Almost 1 year. I joined Zazzle on July 26, 2009 and made ProSeller on July 20th, 2010.

The ProSeller Corner Getting noticed and becoming a ProSeller takes a lot of hard work and time. What advice would you give to those aspiring to become a ProSeller?

Rico You're right it does take a lot of hard work and time. You get out of it what you put in. It helps to love what you do. My best advise is to use the Forums and listen to the ProSellers that are the most successful. I have found their help and advise to be the most helpful in reaching ProSeller status. Without them, I don't think I would be where I am today. So thank you to all of them. My other advise may sound cliché but it has worked for me; Set goals, short, medium and long term. Write them down and post them where you can see them everyday. Keep track of your progress. Don’t get discouraged, “Rome wasn’t built in a day” as they say and it is true of a successful Zazzle store.

1 comments:

Jasmine said...

Great advice. I definitely need to start putting some balance between working on Zazzle and life. I should start setting some goals and sticking to them.

Post a Comment