Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Interview with Debbie AKA dizzydebbie

The ProSeller Corner Tell the world a little bit about yourself.

Debbie
My name is Debbie aka Dizzy Debbie and I live with my husband in Dallas, Texas. I have two children all grown up, with children of their own. (Yes I’m a grandma) In my children’s place I have two more babies at home, with me, Toby a male tabby, and Princess a female calico, they truly are my babies. Toby sits, on my desk, right next to my keyboard, while I’m creating. He gives his paw of approval to everything I do. I’ve lived all over the world, coming from a military family and married a career military man; I never lived anywhere longer then 3 years. I lived a total of 12 years overseas, in Asian and Europe. Art in many forms has always been in my life. I come from a line of artists, but I’m the first to create digital graphics. I must say, I don’t miss the paint brushes and chalky fingers at all. I recently added my products to gift bags that were given out, to celebrities, at the ESPY awards.  I was thrilled when Marcellus Vernon Wiley, a retired NFL football player, showed a lot of interest in a pair of my Keds tennis shoes. Thank you Marcellus for the photo.



The ProSeller Corner When did you start designing at Zazzle and what made you choose them?

Debbie I was in search of a new POD (I already had a shop at Cafepress, but wasn’t very happy with the interface) I stumbled into Zazzle and it was love at first sight. That was back a few years ago, I didn’t become real active as a shop keeper until the spring of 2009, that’s when I first decided to treat my shop like a real job.  

The ProSeller Corner Do you have any other stores at Zazzle?

Debbie I have two other stores at Zazzle, but don’t work on them. Royal Coffer is my store devoted to everything royal, Queen, Princess, King and Prince products. The Card Store started out just being a shop devoted to greeting cards but I ended up expanding it a bit, and then lost interest. I tend to work only one store well. I may end up incorporating my favorite designs from these smaller stores into my main shop, then closing them.

The ProSeller Corner What has been you best selling product?

Debbie My best selling product is a business card, and actually not my favorite either, go figure.

The ProSeller Corner What do you enjoy doing when you're not working on your store?

Debbie I really enjoy a good Sci-Fi movie; my favorite to date is The Fifth Element, but cooking is a passion for me. I love to create interesting and unique dishes, many with either a French or Asian flare. 

The ProSeller Corner How do you balance your time between Zazzle and life?

Debbie I don’t, but at least when I’m working my shop at night, my hubby is next to me, at his computer playing games.

The ProSeller Corner How long had you been with Zazzle before you reached a ProSeller status?

Debbie I signed up with Zazzle in 2008 but didn’t actually start working my shop till I left Cafepress, in the Spring of 2009, and I believe I made Proseller around the Holidays of that year.

The ProSeller Corner Getting noticed and becoming a ProSeller takes a lot of hard work and time. What advice would you give to those aspiring to become a ProSeller?

Debbie Describe your products well, and don’t just slap your graphics or photos on to everything, make sure it fits properly, is appropriate, and looks good on that item. Nothing I hate worse then seeing a beer drinking design, as an example, on a baby onesie. If I’m turned off by that, so will your customers.

3 comments:

Jasmine said...

Congratulations to having your products in those gift bags! That's a very nice accomplishment.

Dizzy Debbie said...

Thanks, it was a lot of fun preparing for. Now if all those gifts and business cards could turn into a few sales, it would be awesome.

Jasmine said...

I bet. I wish you the best of luck with it! :)

Post a Comment